Saturday 27 January 2007

Hope Is A Good Thing

The start of a new year always prompts me to think about hope. I hope that this year i will meet that special person who i will spend the rest of my life with, also that the England Rugby team will defend the world cup. But in the great scheme of things neither of the above is that important. What's important is that we have the right idea of "Christian Hope". I read in my devotional book the other day that Hope is not just the absence of despair ,it's the presence of something greater. We have something greater because one can rest in the knowlwdge that no matter what people may choose to do to us God has his hand on our lives. For me, that is a good reason to have hope.

That's quite a deep start to my blog, but i look forward to sharing with those who are interested what God is doing in my life.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mark, with your good looks and charm I'm sure you fine that special someone real soon.
Darren.

Alissa said...

Hey
welcome to the world of blogging
I am excited to read your thoughts on life. the good the bad and the ugly.
I am on my way to a play but hope your day goes loverly

Kristine Brown said...

Mark, how wonderful to have your thoughts and hopes so accessible ... in blog form! I am encouraged --- there is hope for those who are near and far. I, too, look forward to what the Lord has in store!

Zabrina said...

Hi Mark. Thanks for the reflections...Hope - something to draw us away from having an attitude of complacency - one facet of it anyways. Good to see that you're still resting in Him. Take Care!

LnF said...

Hey Mark,
i read today about someone who said that bloggers are all sad loners, but i say "ya right". I mean i think it so cool how people all over the world can connect, and especially in sharing their walk. i look forward to reading more...and don't worry i'm sure there's a special someone out there somewhere:) peace and love, savannah (your friend from prison...that is prison ministry)