Tuesday 6 October 2009

Stuff

What do hardships tell us about life and our ourselves? One simple response to the first question is that 'life is hard'; Scott Peck began his book with this very line. In short, life is a series of beginnings and endings, and the jubilation of the mountain top experiences and the despair of walking in the valley. And no matter how hard we try, none of us are perfect, so this infallibility is always the cause hurt and pain.Moving onto to the second question, what do hardships
tell us about ourselves? To me, it highlights the desire we all have. That is to feel good all the time, and for all our relationships to be healthy.
But in light in what I've previously said about life, one would have to ask how realistic this is? Would it be more practical to think that trials and tribulations, and the mountain top moments are the essence of existing. And when one feels depressed, like I have at times this year, we are just merely existing.
However, as a Christian I feel I need to take this sentiment a little further. Perhaps to exist is to be more in the image of God (Gen 1:27) as time goes by. Perhaps there is an art to suffering like Rob Bell tells us, and it involves us changing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The will of God is the safest place on earth. So, no matter what we are experiencing right now we have a choice. The Bible assures us that "GOD KNOWS".
This song inspires me in my Spiritual journey that in every situation of our lives God has a purpose:). All we need to do is to trust Him. I know you do! Press on......

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

Mark Boshier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark Boshier said...

I really appreciate your encouraging words, and also the fact that you've taken time to read all my ramblings.Your right, our Christian walk does come down to trust, and viewing God how he wishes us to.

May God bless you this Christmas time :-). And may you continue to be an encouragement to others in the new year.